Mercer County Head Start / Early Head Start is currently accepting applications for employment for the positions listed below.
For each position, the following items must be completed and mailed to:
ATTN: Human Resources Dept.
Mercer County Head Start
1901 Memorial Drive
Farrell, PA 16121
- Download and complete the Application for Employment
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
- Formal Resume
- Note: Prior to start date, State Criminal and Child abuse record checks must be provided to the Employer, Mercer County Head Start / Early Head Start
- Download forms and instruction Clearance and Background information
All applications must be received by the position deadline, and must contain all paperwork required (listed above) in order to be considered for employment. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For additional employment inquiries, contact 724.346.4482
Mercer County Head Start would like to thank everyone who has applied for all open positions. Due to the overwhelming response, we are unable to personally notify each applicant of the application status. You will only be notified by Mercer County Head Start if you are chosen for an interview.
Applicants for classroom teacher and classroom assistant positions who were not chosen may be called and asked to be a substitute for the program.
35 Hours per week, 205 days per year
Benefit package is included with this position
General description of the position:
Relevant experience working with Young Children.
Classroom setup, proper materials for the day.
Willing to follow instructions.
Communicate effectively with all age groups, cultural, and ethnic populations.
Salary: $8.85/hour plus benefits.
- Possess Child Development Associates (CDA).
- Enrolled in CDA credential program.
- Enrolled in program leading to Associate degree in Childhood Ed.
- ACT 151/34 Clearances and FBI Federal Background check.
- obtain/maintain current CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Valid Driverís License.
- Willing to travel throughout Mercer County.
- Basic computer skills desirable.
Application Deadline: April 17, 2015 at 4:00 pm.
Date Posted: March 27, 2015
* All job descriptions posted on this website are intended to include the kinds of duties and levels of difficulty that will normally be required of positions given this title, and should not be construed as declaring all specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. It is not intended to limit the right of supervisors to assign, direct or modify the work of employees under supervision.