Mercer County Head Start / Early Head Start is currently accepting applications for employment for the positions listed below.
For each position, the following items must be completed and mailed to:
ATTN: Human Resources Dept.
Mercer County Head Start
1901 Memorial Drive
Farrell, PA 16121
- Download and complete the Application for Employment
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
- Formal Resume
- Note: Prior to start date, State Criminal and Child abuse record checks must be provided to the Employer, Mercer County Head Start / Early Head Start
- Download forms and instruction Clearance and Background information
All applications must be received by the position deadline, and must contain all paperwork required (listed above) in order to be considered for employment. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For additional employment inquiries, contact 724.346.4482
Mercer County Head Start would like to thank everyone who has applied for all open positions. Due to the overwhelming response, we are unable to personally notify each applicant of the application status. You will only be notified by Mercer County Head Start if you are chosen for an interview.
Applicants for classroom teacher and classroom assistant positions who were not chosen may be called and asked to be a substitute for the program.
Human Resources Manager
40 Hours per week / Year Round
Benefit package is included with this position
1. Assumes responsibility for effectively recording, maintaining and reporting human resources information.
2. Assumes responsibility for the accurate and timely adjustments for semi-monthly payroll information.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with MCHS/EHS personnel, Administration and Policy Council.
4. Be knowledgeable about all state and federal labor laws governing employment including affirmative action, the ADA, wage and hour laws, worker's compensation, FMLA, etc.
5. Track insurance eligibility.
6. Manage staff travel arrangements.
7. Monitor professional development of staff.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
2. Three years experience in Human Resources
3. PHR or SPHR Certification and bargaining unit negotiations experience a plus
4. Must have a valid driver's license.
5. Willing and able to travel throughout Mercer County.
6. Out of area travel, upon request.
7. Staff Health Appraisal and Mantoux TB Test prior to employment and upon request thereafter.
8. Must have Child Abuse, Criminal History and FBI clearances.
9. Willingness to flex hours when requested by Executive Director to meet the needs of the programs.
10. Maintain policies on confidentiality.
11. Must become familiar with HS/EHS computer system and department specific software.
12. Must possess strong verbal and written skills; must be able to communicate well both on the telephone and directly. Must be able to communicate effectively with all age groups, cultural and ethnic populations
Application Deadline: September 12, 2014 at 4:00 pm.
Date Posted: August 18, 2014
On-call; as needed
General description of the position:
Substitute for classroom teacher and/or classroom assistant who has reported off.
Follow daily schedule; monitor students
High school diploma or GED -
*Penna. State Police Criminal Record Check;
*Child Abuse Clearance;
*FBI Federal Background check;
Staff Health Appraisal including TB test results;
Obtain / maintain CPR/First Aid Certification;
Obtain / maintain Safety Mechanics Certification
*REQUIRED to be submitted with employment application
Contact Human Resources Department at 724-346-4482, extension #1341, if you have any questions.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2014 at 4:00 pm.
Date Posted: July 1, 2014
* All job descriptions posted on this website are intended to include the kinds of duties and levels of difficulty that will normally be required of positions given this title, and should not be construed as declaring all specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. It is not intended to limit the right of supervisors to assign, direct or modify the work of employees under supervision.