Mercer County Head Start / Early Head Start is currently accepting applications for employment for the positions listed below.
For each position, the following items must be completed and mailed to:
ATTN: Human Resources Dept.
Mercer County Head Start
1901 Memorial Drive
Farrell, PA 16121
- Download and complete the Application for Employment
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
- Formal Resume
- Note: Prior to start date, State Criminal and Child abuse record checks must be provided to the Employer, Mercer County Head Start / Early Head Start
- Download forms and instruction Clearance and Background information
All applications must be received by the position deadline, and must contain all paperwork required (listed above) in order to be considered for employment. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For additional employment inquiries, contact 724.346.4482
Mercer County Head Start would like to thank everyone who has applied for all open positions. Due to the overwhelming response, we are unable to personally notify each applicant of the application status. You will only be notified by Mercer County Head Start if you are chosen for an interview.
Applicants for classroom teacher and classroom assistant positions who were not chosen may be called and asked to be a substitute for the program.
M-F 7.5 hrs/day. 11month/off June.
Benefit package is included with this position
General description of the position:
Will engage families in developing Goals and Objectives.
Will conduct a minimum of three home visits to families of Mercer County.
Will arrange meetings with speakers, and activities for parents.
Will participate and assist with family activities.
Will participate in training and workshops.
Will recruit and enroll families for the various programs.
Will assist in the classroom when needed.
- BS in Social Work, Human Services, or related field.
- Pa.Child Abuse History,PSP Criminal Record Check, FBI Background
- Valid Driverís License. Utilize own transportation.
- Will travel throughout Mercer County.
- Knowledgable of resources available in Mercer County.
- Able to travel out of town for conferences and workshops.
Application Deadline: January 30, 2015 at 4:00 pm.
Date Posted: January 16, 2015
* All job descriptions posted on this website are intended to include the kinds of duties and levels of difficulty that will normally be required of positions given this title, and should not be construed as declaring all specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. It is not intended to limit the right of supervisors to assign, direct or modify the work of employees under supervision.